Back Pain Relief at Dey Street Chiropractic, Your New York Chiropractor
If you've been wondering if chiropractic care in New York City can help you manage, prevent, or even relieve your back pain, we encourage you check out Dey Street Chiropractic. Our team is on your team!
Different Types of Back Pain Evaluated & Treated
Back pain is a broad term encompassing pain and dysfunction in the upper (cervical), middle (thoracic), and lower (lumbar) spine. Sometimes, an exact diagnosis or identifiable underlying cause is not clear; in these cases, a person can be said to have "idiopathic" back pain (but even these cases can respond to the chiropractic care NYC offers!).
When a specific diagnosis is deductible, our New York City chiropractor often finds the following:
- Muscle strains and spasms (either stand-alone or as compensatory guarding over an area of injury)
- Joint misalignment (e.g., facet joint lock, anterolisthesis, spondylosis)
- Disc herniation, disc bulge, or degenerative disc disease
- Nerve impingement (e.g., cervical or lumbar radiculopathy, sciatica)
Back pain often occurs with or due to another underlying condition, such as fibromyalgia or depression. It's also a common after-effect of an auto accident injury, sports injury, or personal injury (e.g., slip and fall).
Common Causes of Back Pain: What's Triggering Yours?
Factors which contribute to your back pain diagnosis can include both genetic and environmental considerations. Significant risk factors include:
- Poor posture
- Excessive sedentary behavior
- Heavy lifting, improper body mechanics, and repetitive movements (especially during work or sports)
- Age (especially over the age of 40)
- A prior history of back pain or back injury
How Our Chiropractor in NYC Treats Back Pain
Our chiropractor in NYC approaches back pain cases individually: he'll look at your behaviors, beliefs, lifestyle, posture, and overall health status—as well as employ various tests and postural screens—to get the "whole picture" of your symptoms. Based on his diagnosis and clinical inferences, he'll work with you to devise a natural and drug-free plan of care that can relieve dysfunction sustainably and non-invasively.
The following services are just some of our most effective ones for back pain
- Chiropractic adjustments: realign joints, "reset" the nervous system
- Massage therapy: increase circulation and relieve tension
- Corrective exercises: facilitate tissue healing and restore strength and endurance
- Acupuncture: trigger biological healing and restored brain/body health
Struggling With Back Pain? Join the Thousands of New Yorkers Finding Natural Back Pain Relief with our NYC Chiropractor
Dr. James Farren is a NYC chiropractor committed to helping people guide their bodies back to health. If you're struggling with back pain, contact Dey Street Chiropractic now at (212) 349-9500.