The Benefits of Acupuncture and Needle-Less Acupuncture in New York
Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine that is used to stimulate specific trigger points your body. The technique is typically done by inserting extremely thin needles through the skin at specific points on your body, which stimulates certain nerve endings in order to relieve various health conditions that are linked to specific trigger points. Acupuncture, when performed by our experienced and well-trained professionals at Dey Street Chiropractic in NYC, is a safe, natural form of treatment for a wide range of health conditions.
What Health Conditions Can be Treated With Acupuncture?
Some of the most common conditions that are treated with chiropractic care in New York City include back pain, neck pain, and headaches. Research has shown that acupuncture is a safe, natural way to relieve the pain associated with these conditions as well as several other health issues. Some of the health benefits of acupuncture include:
- Reduces chronic pain-this is one of the most common uses of acupuncture. Acupuncture treatment from a New York City chiropractor can help to relieve chronic pain associated with back injuries, tight muscles, pregnancy, neck injuries and knee injuries.
- Treats arthritis-according to the belief system of acupuncture, there are 14 meridians (energy channels) in the body; these energy channels communicate with nerve endings that act as a receptor for impulses from various parts of the body, including the areas where arthritis is most prominent. Acupuncture, when used on these energy channels helps to release hormones and endorphins that relieve arthritis pain.
- Migraine relief-a common cause of migraines is neck pain caused by stress and/or injury. Studies have shown that acupuncture treatment significantly decreases the migraine pain that is caused by a neck injury or stress.
- Treats anxiety-studies have shown that acupuncture has a significant effect on reducing anxiety and depression as well as the side effects that often occur with the use of anti-anxiety medications, such as nausea and vomiting.
- Reduces insomnia-acupuncture helps to increase the secretion of melatonin, which is a natural chemical in your body that induces sleep.
What is Needle-Less Acupuncture?
If you aren’t comfortable with the thought of traditional acupuncture, there is a way to reap the benefits of acupuncture, without the needles…needle-less acupuncture. There are two forms of needle-less acupuncture available through chiropractic care NYC; low level laser therapy and acupressure. Both types of needle-less acupuncture work in the same manner as traditional acupuncture, in that pressure points, are used to eliminate health issues. Needle-less acupuncture is beneficial in treating a range of health issues including, pain from degenerative disorders, such as arthritis, post-surgical pain, traumatic injury, emotional issues, digestive issues, and headaches.
Contact Dey Street Chiropractic for Acpuncture in New York City
If you are ready to experience the benefits of acupuncture or needle-less acupuncture, contact Dey Street Chiropractic to get started. Contact our multipdisciplinary team of New York acupuncturists, chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists by calling 212-349-9500.